The clear focus of Southern Clinical Network (SCN) is to provide the best possible up to date and relevant health services, education, support and advice to SCN Member General Practices to enable the delivery of optimal care to patients.
A key feature in the provision of clinical support is the development of the new Clinical Governance Group. This group will combine leading and well respected clinicians currently practicing in rural and urban locations, both from General Practice and Secondary Care, across Otago and Southland. This group has a clear mandate to improve the patient journey from Primary to Secondary Care and back into the community.
As part of the focus on clinical excellence, General Practices that join SCN not only continue to have direct access to the bestpractice Decision Support and eReferral Modules, but will also have access to:
- A series of clinical education/training sessions presented by clinical experts
- Expert SCN staff visiting SCN practices on a regular basis
- An increasing range of Smart Path Referrals
- 100% payment of the practice’s monthly PMS licence fees at no cost (this applies to all PMS systems)
- 50% payment of Medtech’s “Manage My Health / Patient Portal” service (for those patients for whom the Patient Portal is set up)
- Cornerstone Accreditation policies and advice
All of these services will be available to General Practices that join SCN at no cost.
Practices will have access to a wide range of IT support services including:
- An IT Health Check – An initial review of practice computer systems
- Assistance with acquiring new hardware and software
- A comprehensive monthly maintenance check of the practice’s computer systems
Member General Practices will be able to draw on SCN’s in-house employment knowledge and expertise including:
- Best practice Human Resource policies
- Direct access, at no cost, to an HR ‘health check’
- Referral, where required, to a specialist employment law firm with whom we have negotiated special fees for SCN General Practices
- SCN’s data base of available locum GPs
Business Opportunities and Advocacy
SCN General Practices are able to access the following support services:
- The option to discuss partial sale of the General Practice to South Link Health Services
- Succession advice
- The opportunity for purchase of shares in newly built medical centre facilities owned by the property syndicate
- Contract negotiation service and advice for all clinical purchase agreements that practices have, e.g. Back-to-Back contract with the PHO
For more information please feel free to get in touch with our friendly team or apply to join the Southern Clinical Network.